An Apology

When I decided to start this blog, I thought things out very carefully.  I committed myself to not only write my blog, but to follow, read and give feedback on other people’s blogs. I feel that if I expect others to read my work then I should be prepared to do the same back.

I have gotten to “know” some really talented writers and people who are brave and/or passionate about sharing information on their illnesses, pain and talents (whether they be poetry, food, photography, etc.).

In the last few weeks I have found myself in one of the worst pain flares I have had in a long time.  When I went to see about getting relief at the hospital, I caught yet another cold.  The cough that followed was a nasty one and ended up triggering my sciatica.  Yay, more pain!  Nothing but sleep is giving me any relief from the multitude of pain triggers I am dealing with so I am sleeping a lot.

So, not only have I not been spending a lot of time on my blog, the list of posts I want to read by others is quickly getting longer. Please know that I have every intention of reading your posts, replying to your comments, etc.  I just need to get to a point where I can manage my pain levels once again instead of them controlling me.

Thank you for reading my work and sharing yours with me.

Lydia

This entry was posted in Chronic Pain and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to An Apology

1. kbailey374 says:

So sorry you feel so bad and I am not offended that you aren’t reading. No expectations!

• lydiaa1614 says:

Thanks for commenting. I guess I am mostly apologizing for not writing so much, more than for not reading. Though I do feel (for me, not putting it on others) that reading others material is as or more important than writing my own.

2. Moongazer says:

((((hugs))))
    There’s no need to apologise. I’d guessed you were still having a bad time 😦 and I understand completely. I’m keeping you in my thoughts and I really hope everything settles down quickly for you. So many of us have been suffering more than usual, its not good.
    You look after yourself! (((hugs)))

• lydiaa1614 says:

Thanks, Moongazer for the hugs and understanding. I knew you would understand as would our many fellow chronic pain sufferers. I am having a small bit of relief this evening as my levels have gone down slightly. I am hoping this is a sign that the worst is over. I have been working on my nails! 🙂

• Moongazer says:

Thank the starry skies for a bit of relief! I really hope you feel better again tomorrow too. You certainly deserve a reasonable run after everything recently.
        And yay! for nails 😀 How are they coming along?
        I’ve had to put a silk wrap on one of my pinkie nails 😦 I had got a vertical split that was in danger of splitting up to my cuticle. The flaw in the nail seems to be on the underside and was probably due to eczema but I had to do something. It’s not ideal, but hopefully the split will grow out while its protected.

3. barbarian57 says:

As the others have said, no apologies necessary! I’m embarrassed at how behind I am on my blog and impressed with how you have kept up with yours.