So I mentioned in my post about my second Liebster nomination that there was a reason I was only listing 5 nominations and I would tell you why soon. Well, the reason is, I was nominated once more before I had time to finish number two!
This time I have Em at Bipolar Bytes to thank. I am actually getting to it in a decent time frame! I really am feeling honoured that so many people are liking my blog enough to nominate me. It is very humbling.
But enough of the mushy stuff, let’s get this show on the road!
The rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award, by asking them 11 new questions (or having them answer the questions you were asked).
- Make sure to let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them!
- And don’t forget to copy the rules into your post!
My Random Facts are:
- I went to culinary school when I was 46 years old to fulfill a lifelong dream!
- I can’t chew bubble gum because my jaw easily dislocates.
- I am ambidextrous, except I can only write with my right hand. This is because a teacher in grade three knew I could use my right hand and would smack my wrist with a ruler if I used my left. I was removed from her classroom very quickly after my Mom found out! I do almost everything with my left or switch back and forth.
- I usually count in French.
- In university I took whole courses on Shakespeare and Mark Twain
- In grade 12 I was on local television for a debate against another school. We lost and I couldn’t watch it because our school was hosting a debate event while it was on!
- I have seen Neil Diamond perform 9 times and the Beach Boys 7!
- My father grew up with Leslie Nielsen.
- I can’t have caffeine because it is a migraine trigger for me. However, they use caffeine to treat migraines in many people. I am also allergic to Benadryl, which is used to treat allergic reactions!
- To relieve stress I colour pictures with pencil crayons
- I scored the only perfect “10” my Public Speaking instructor ever gave out for a speech called “The Time Has Come for Elephants to Wear Ripple Soled Sneakers to Give Ants a 50/50 Chance”.
Em’s questions for me:
- Why do you blog and how did you get started? I started this blog to “practice” my writing skills. Illness and life had taken them away for a long time and it is just nice to have an outlet. I do want to write a book, but the blog keeps me busy.
- How long have you been blogging? What accomplishments have you achieved so far? I started this blog a year ago. I had a couple others that really didn’t go anywhere but I realize they weren’t the right topics. I have received three Liebster nominations and one for Versatile Blogger. I have also made some good friendships and feel I have helped a few people with my experiences.
- What is your favorite place to visit? We don’t travel very much; however I love to visit family. Last year we went on an Alaska cruise and I would go back any time (even without the cruise). The people are friendly and the scenery is breathtaking!
- What makes you happy? Just being with family and friends makes me content. Since I am in pain most of the time, and suffer from bouts of depression, I can’t say that I am really “happy”. However, I certainly do not let things get me down. I wouldn’t change anything at all in my life, even the challenges!
- What makes you lose it (angry)? I detest cruelty to anyone, especially children and animals. I never really “lose it” any more, though when my bipolar was not in check many things could set me off. I guess you could say THAT makes me happy!
- What question do you hate to answer? This is an easy one –
“How are you feeling?”
- What little white lies do you tell regularly? They usually revolve around how I am feeling! LOL
- What was/is your proudest moment? The day I graduated from culinary school. It was a long hard road and I didn’t know until I got my diploma whether I passed or not. Having my Dad there seeing me get it made it extra special.
- What is your favorite blog post (on your own blog)? I have two – I’m Just A “Me” and Losing Weight vs. Losing Keys
- What other hobbies do you have? I am a crafty person. I do paper crafts, crochet, cake decorating, cooking and I love to read.
- What is (or was) your “other” job or career? I have had a few careers; however, the last one was as a caterer/cake designer. Before that I was a nanny, secretary, web designer and a bookkeeper.
My Nominees are:
I have only done a few; however you will find the other half with award no. 2! 🙂
And my questions for them are (the same ones I used in my other two awards):
- What got you started with your blog?
- What are your favourite hobbies?
- Do you prefer the city or the country?
- What is your favourite way to de-stress after a tough day?
- If you had an hour to watch anything you wanted on TV (past or present) what would it be?
- Do you play any musical instruments?
- What was/is your favourite subject in school?
- Do you prefer to dress up and go to a classy restaurant or dress down and eat take-out?
- Do you like to cook? bake? what is your favourite thing to make?
- If your blog were turned into a movie, who would be most suited to play you?
- Do you have a favourite animal (domestic or wild)?
Thanks again to Em for my nomination!