Paying It Forward!

VolcanoFront

I am feeling like a ten-ton weight has been lifted from me tonight. And while the weight is a bit of an exaggeration, I am purging a good amount of stuff out of this place as we get ready to move. And aside from the actual physical items, an emotional weight is gone as well.

Tonight I offered all of my cake decorating equipment to a young woman who has a natural gift for decorating like I have never seen before. Baking is what she has set as her career path, and if I can do anything to help her, I am happy to. Kay is taking some items as well, that I had promised her awhile ago.

Why is this such a relief to me? While I have some talent when it comes to designing and decorating, my execution over the past while has suffered due to my arthritis and my moods. I stress out over deadlines and perfection. I wanted to try different techniques, have fun with it but there was never enough time, or I wouldn’t feel up to it…always an excuse. I think it was more self-doubt in my skills. Or maybe I just wanted to like it but didn’t.

How did I come to the decision to off-load this expensive hobby? I looked around the office,Β cluttered with all of Hubby’s tools, computer equipment, what is left of his lighting hobby that didn’t go to his brother’s house, along with all my cake, crochet, papercraft and sewing stuff. Something needed to go and I prayed for even a small hint. I looked up at all the cake stuff and just knew that I had been given my answer.

Besides the physical and emotional strains this has had on my life, neither Hubby or I should be eating a lot of sugar, wheat, eggs, chocolate, dairy and just about anything else that goes into a cake. I figure the only way I am going to really kick my addiction to sugar and chocolate is to not have it around. AΒ 4 tier wedding cake is not the best thing to be working on!

So, next comes the job of sorting all the items out and getting ready for her to pick them up on Sunday. This will be a labour of love for sure!

Lydia!

This entry was posted in Chronic Pain, Faith, Food and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Paying It Forward!

1. You’ve done the right thing. You’ve blessed a young lady with tools that she will cherish and in return blessed yourself. Well done my dear πŸ™‚

Liked by 2 people

2. LydiaA1614 says:

Thank you, friend. I feel really great about it!

3. Paying it forward is so fulfilling you are right to feel as you do.

Liked by 2 people

• LydiaA1614 says:

I can’t wait for Sunday when she comes to pick it all up. You would think I was the one getting the “gift”. In a way I am!

Liked by 2 people

• Absolutely. Giving is as much fun as receiving…!

• donutsplace says:

I know how you feel.
        I think the saying about it being better to give than receive is true. Well, receiving isn’t bad either. But it makes us feel better inside to give something to a person knowing they could use it or want it. πŸ™‚
        I pretty sure she is thrilled with what you gave her.
        I was given a set of old German wood chisels. I wasn’t expecting that. The person knew I loved working with wood. They are in a old case which I am sure it came from the owner before.
        Giving things can cause a great sense of goodness that is inside us.

• LydiaA1614 says:

Thank you. I am sure you will treasure those chisels and think of the person who gave them to you when you use them. Thank you for sharing your story!

• donutsplace says:

Yes, I will!
        Sometimes I wonder what all he carved. It is a relaxing thing to me. πŸ™‚

4. New Journey says:

Oh the wonderful feeling of giving to someone who you know will love and care for your collection…no better feeling in the world…your a good woman for sure!!!! kat

5. nitediva84 says:

Reblogged this on Night Goddesses Blog and commented:
    LOVE this β™‘

6. That is so nice of you to bless someone else with items that no longer work for you. A good thought for all of us!

7. So wonderful to pay it forward.. πŸ™‚

8. cynthiamvoss says:

That’s very generous of you. I’m sure the young baker is grateful. What a nice gesture to her, and it sounds like it was good for you too!

9. spearfruit says:

Paying it forward is so rewarding, knowing someone else will put to good use items that mean a great deal to you. Happy day to you! P.S. I found your site from Lynn of lynz real cooking. πŸ™‚

10. amanpan says:

You did the right thing. πŸ’

Liked by 2 people

11. Hi Lydia,
    I came here from Lynz Real Cooking.
    This is excellent! I’m so happy for you! Both the moving, and the release of the weight that had you emotionally tied down!
    Melinda

12. dray0308 says:

Reblogged this on Dream Big, Dream Often and commented:
    We should all take a page out of Lydia’s book and help others!

13. Miriam says:

Wonderful. Good for you. You will all reap the benefits. Blessings to you.

14. Aww deadly!😁 Lovely that your stuff will be used again instead of gathering dust in a cupboard for years. Well done girl. Great story. Xx
    P.s. ARTHRITIS is crap. I suffer with it too. Xx