First of all, I must apologize for my lack of posts over the last couple of weeks. I have been dealing with a lot of acute pain on top of my normal chronic levels and it seems to drain me of creativity.
While I am still not over my kidney related pain, I am feeling the need to communicate to you, my dear readers, once again. I use the word “need” sincerely. I have felt cut off from my “real” world for a long time now due to the limitations my health imposes on me. Once I started blogging I found joy in being part of a community again.
I called this my “Evolution Part 2” because I (and this blog) will be taking a bit of a different turn from now on. Oh, don’t worry, there will be plenty of my little stories you seem to have come to love. And I intend to get back to posting more about my loves of music and food once again.
The differences will be that I believe it is my time to start becoming the advocate for Invisible Illness I was meant to be (both physical and mental).
How will that look?
- I joined the Chronic Illness Bloggers Network awhile back, and through them have started testing out various products to aid in our everyday lives. I am going to start posting reviews and sponsored posts in the very near future. Please do not think for a minute that I am “selling out” my little blog. That is very far from the truth. I want to bring any information that may help even just one of us to the forefront. I will not ever ask you to buy anything. I am hoping that by my trying these products out and posting my experiences I might be helping even just one other person. And so far I have tried out some amazing stuff!
- I will be reblogging more posts from other advocates and people who experience chronic pain/illness every day. I will be bringing in some guest bloggers and feature articles from great publications such as “The Mighty“.
- I am hoping to get some posts “banked” so that I will be able to fill in those holes when my creativity is not at its best. I am one of those writers who works best when the posts basically write themselves. I am never totally happy with the posts I write when I feel I need to get something up onto the blog. However, you won’t even notice that it wasn’t one of my fresh ramblings! 😉
- I am going to start going a bit deeper into my own story of how I became a chronic warrior of pain and illness. I just recently (in the past week) came to the realization that the reason my book isn’t going anywhere fast is because it is not the one I am supposed to be writing at this time. It is my story that needs to be told. I am not sure how comfortable I am with this yet, but let’s take the journey together.
- Speaking of journeys, I will still be on mine (to Vibrant) and you are still most welcome to come along. In fact, I think finding myself through weight-loss and exercise is very important to this present evolution!
- Last but most certainly not least, I will be putting my faith first and foremost. This is not to say that my posts will be preachy. Their tone will be the same as it has always been. I don’t have to mention God every time to know or show that He guides every facet of my life. All of what I have written here today comes from my understanding of what He has chosen for my life path. I honestly believe that everything I have gone through in my life has been so that now I can help others going through similar situations. My experience has made me stronger and I owe all that to our Lord Jesus Christ.
So, I hope that you will continue on this path with me…hey, we might both learn something new! And if you have any friends that might benefit, bring them along because the more the merrier! 😉