I have been having a very difficult time over the last while coming up with posts that aren’t about song lyrics. Not that music isn’t important. Sometimes it is your best friend, counselor, and harshest critic. I was beginning to think that maybe it was time to say goodbye to “Being Lydia”.
However, every time I begin to think this way I get a message or comment from someone lifting me up and telling me that my blog helps/ed them and I push on. This is once again one of those times.
I love each and every one of you, and I appreciate your opinions. So, I thought I would share with you some of the things that are hindering my writing at the moment.
- Time – To quote The Steve Miller Band (have to get those lyrics in somewhere), “Time, keeps on ticking, ticking, into the future”. I look and it is Sunday and I get out my SLS post. Then I blink and it is Saturday again and the next theme is out without me having posted anything else!
- Content – I quite often can’t find a topic to write on that I think will be interesting and/or useful for my readers. You wouldn’t believe the number of draft posts I have started but have run out of steam on. Either I start doubting the topic or I just run out of ideas on it.
- Pain – I have been dealing with higher pain levels for longer periods of time and so far have not found anything in my management “toolbox” that works. I have even gone the route of CBD oil with little to no improvement. Aside from going to opioids (which in my eyes isn’t even a last resort – it is not an option) there really isn’t much left for me to try. Though I heard from my niece that alkaline water is good for fibromyalgia and started on it a couple of days ago.
- New Symptoms – I have had Restless Leg Symptom (RLS) for several years now. However, in the last few months, it started affecting my hands, arms, neck/head and body. It is like I am having a seizure without really having one. It happens when I am sitting, laying, and has started even when I am standing. In fact, it is happening as I type this. I am afraid to carry things or to be alone in case I fall or drop something. My doctor has ordered an MRI but that is not until October 18th.
- New Priorities – I shared that I am starting as a Self-Management Health coach and I start with my first participant on September 17th. I am trying to brush up on all my information so I can give them the best chance they have to meet their goals. It doesn’t help that I can’t find my manual with my hand-written notes in it (part of my fibro-fog I am sure).
I am also wanting to finally get my advocacy site, Chronically Speaking off the ground. I am hoping it will be a place where people with chronic illness and those who don’t can come together and help to eliminate the stigma surrounding many illnesses.
- Socializing – During the last year since we moved to our new community, I have made a few new friends both in and out of the dog park. I also still have friends from where we used to live and want to stay in touch with them. I have never been good with time management and so trying to balance “work” with “play” often comes with a cost to one side or the other.
On one side, a rest from blogging might be what I need. On the other, it might just make things worse because I would be losing a big part of my support system.
So, dear readers, I am going to ask you –
- Would you miss “Being Lydia”?
- What would you like to see change, stay the same?
- Are there any topics you would like to see?