Well, October 4th marked a major milestone in my life. I am now 60 years old. I remember when I was going through my worst years of mental illness I couldn't see myself past 40! Then, at 55 I started to dread the years because I was getting "old". But age is just a number …
I have been starting a lot of posts and not getting anywhere as the idea for this one keeps running through my head. Que Queen's "We Will Rock You"! I think that I mentioned over the last couple of years I have dreaded turning 60 for a lot of reasons (which, if I listed them …
No. 51 (move to No. 1) – Read this list!
I am well over 50 and have done about half this list. I still have time left to do the rest!
2. Forgive. Doesn’t matter if they deserve it, you do.
3. Some people will be negative and hate, so what, what’s that got to do with you?
4. Learn your parents, family, and friends’ stories.
5. Ignore people who tell you to try surfing or skydiving or extreme sports if you don’t want to do it, they’re not going to spend the time in hospital or rehab.
6. Help someone who needs help and don’t tell a single soul you did it.
7. Learn to compromise.
8. Conquer a fear. Doesn’t have to be a big one.
9. Take the time to write that email, make that call, write a letter, visit, send a card, it may not matter, but what if it does?
10. Ask for help. Accept it gratefully.
View original post 508 more words