The Silver Lining

womenAnyone who read my last post knows yesterday wasn’t the best one by a long shot. However, every cloud has a silver lining. Sometimes you have to look for it and sometimes it just appears!

Yesterday it appeared in the form of two ladies in Dairy Queen who sat at the table next to mine. I was minding my own business enjoying every bite of my Kit Kat Blizzard and chicken strips with fries and gravy.

I wasn’t meaning to hear their conversation but it was hard not to. They were talking about TV and movies when one mentioned Harry Connick Jr. and Sandra Bullock were in a movie together but she couldn’t remember the name. It just popped out of my mouth “Hope Floats”.  Then I apologized for eves-dropping.

Well, that started it. We got into discussions about all versions of Star Trek on the big and small screens, knitting, crocheting, family, you name it. These ladies were a hoot. It was nice to talk to people from my generation who had similar interests. We all have arthritis, like big band music, Harry Connick Jr., Aerosmith, and hate that our bodies can’t do what they used to.

It was a wonderful conversation and just what I needed to break me out of my depression and pain. I didn’t realize they had actually talked about driving me to wherever I needed to be. I mentioned Hubby was picking me up but I guess they didn’t hear me.

It was a chance meeting, and we probably won’t see each other again (one lives in Vancouver, the other in Langley and they only get together a couple of times a year). But it was definitely what I needed!

Lydia!

This entry was posted in Humour, Life and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Silver Lining

1. cyranny says:

Isn’t it just amazing how things and people sometimes get on our path at the perfect place and time? I am often struck by it, and it happened quite a bunch of times in my life…

Glad those two ladies were there today 🙂

Liked by 2 people

2. J L Hunt says:

What a lovely encounter 🙂

Liked by 2 people

3. barbarian57 says:

I can easily see myself in your place! I find myself in conversations like this all the time. I’m glad you had such a nice time!

4. LydiaA1614 says:

Let’s face it, you and I met having those kinds of conversations in the Mod “room”! That’s how we came to be such awesome friends/family! ❤

5. barbarian57 says:

Yep! ❤

6. dray0308 says:

Reblogged this on DREAM BIG DREAM OFTEN and commented:
    I highly recommend following Being Lydia!!

Liked by 2 people

7. Dairy Queens are always friendly places. I would have fit right in eating chicken strips, fries and gravy. I liked “Hope Floats” too! Found your blog via Dream Big Dream Often.

• LydiaA1614 says:

I’m glad you found me! I will check yours out! Yes, I actually love the DQ. Ours is in a mall with a theatre, pizza place and next to the pool/rec centre so there are always people you know (or can get to know) hanging out there!

8. Yep- you really just have to give hope a chance to float up!

Liked by 2 people

9. Enjoyed reading about your encounter. The best cloud buster in the world is a chance encounter with friendly strangers. It works for me every time. :0)

10. New Journey says:

What fun…sometimes these are the best of times….kat